Through the renewed website of the Municipality of Amaroussion, we aspire to promote the profile of a modern and human city, which in view of the new ongoing administrative reform of the country shall constitute the metropolitan centre of the Northern Suburbs.
Maroussi is currently the economic and business centre of the Attica Basin. It is a self-subsistent, multi-dynamic and multi-faceted town.
The O.A.K.A. Olympic facilities, which hosted the most successful modern Olympic Games, constitute an integral part of our town’s web. These installations are indissolubly associated with the international image of Amaroussion.
Our town has the privilege of owning an impressive public transport network, with three metro stations, two suburban railway stations and dozens of bus lines that serve the daily transportation needs of thousands of citizens.
The headquarters of the most important businesses in the country are also located in Maroussi.
We can offer both local inhabitants and visitors hundreds of quality choices for their shopping, entertainment, cultural events and walks.
On the other hand, Syggrou Park, one of the most important green areas in the Attica Basin, is located at the administrative borders of the town.
A modern town such as Maroussi should have a Municipality offering upgraded and quality services to all its citizens.
Within this framework:
- We implement actions and initiatives, which prove that the protection of the environment and the improvement of the quality of life for our citizens are a priority for the municipality.
- An independent municipal transportation network is available.
- We have 12 nurseries catering for more than 820 infants and young children.
- We have a significant Network of Museums and Cultural centres (Olympic Gallery, Natural History Museum, Tsarouhis Museum, Spathario Folk Art Museum, Olympic Sculpture) and also a Ceramics Exhibition, which make culture an integral part of our daily life.
- Through the KAPH (Open Centres for the Protection of the Elderly) we support those who have raised us.
- We promote sports, as a way of life, through dozens of programmes addressed to citizens of all ages.
- We organise significant cultural events every year.
- We promote voluntary work as a top-ranking social solidarity action.
Maroussi is a Municipality with a rich past, a dynamic present and a future that is based on strong foundations.